Download the San Diego County Health Orders Learn More About Our Hotel Safety Protocols
GENERAL COUNTY-WIDE GUIDELINES:
- Temperature checks and symptom screening may take place prior to entering any indoor facility.
- Facial coverings are required in all indoor businesses throughout San Diego County, including when seated at a restaurant table before the meal is served and after the meal is finished.
- Outdoors face coverings are required when within 6 feet of other people who are not from your household.
Physical Distancing Guidelines:
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people who are not from your household is required in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Some San Diego visitor attractions, including zoos and aquariums, are open with capacity restrictions. Please contact each individual attraction for current operating schedule. Click HERE for a list of area attractions with links to their websites.
- All San Diego County beaches, including those in La Jolla and the surrounding communities, are open to the public for recreation and relaxation. You can sit and lie down with members of your household. You can walk or run on the beach. If you’re within six feet of others not in your household, you must wear a face covering. You can swim, surf, paddleboard, kayak, snorkel. Activities like football or volleyball are not allowed.
Fitness Facilities & Gyms:
- Gyms, fitness centers, and dance, yoga and pilates studios are open for outdoor service only. Please check with individual facilities for hours of operation and availability.
Golf & Recreation:
- Most San Diego County golf courses are open with capacity restrictions. Please contact each individual golf course for current operating schedule. Click HERE for a list of area golf courses with links to their websites.
- Businesses that rent recreational equipment, such as bicycles, surfboards, boats, kayaks and other watercraft are open.
- All movie theaters are currently closed.
- All indoor museums are currently closed. Please contact each individual museum for current operating schedule. Click HERE for a list of local museums with links to their websites.
Parks & Playgrounds:
- Parks and outdoor playgrounds are open to visitors for picnics and recreation as long as social distancing is practiced.
- Use of basketball or tennis courts, if played by members of a household or others who can maintain social distance.
Places of Worship:
- All places of worship are currently closed for indoor worship.
Restaurants & Bars:
- All San Diego County restaurants and bars are closed for dine-in service. Some are open for outdoor service. All restaurants must close by 10 p.m. and are not able to reopen until 5 a.m. the following morning. Drive-thru, take-out, and delivery service can continue at all hours.
WHAT ELSE IS OPEN OUTSIDE ONLY?
- Card Rooms, Satellite Wagering, Racetracks
- Family Entertainment Centers (kart racing, mini golf, batting cages)
- Wineries (only those that serve food and have outdoor areas)
WHAT ELSE IS CLOSED?
- Bars, breweries and distilleries that do not serve food
- Indoor playgrounds, such as ball pits and laser tag
- Saunas and steam rooms
- Live theater
- Theme parks
- Live audience sports
- Wineries that do not serve food and do not have an outdoor area
Click here for updates on all San Diego County Re-Openings