As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve. We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding booking flexibility, workforce and travel safety.
Health & Sanitation:
Working in partnership with Ecolab and Waxie, our cleaning and sanitation providers, the Grande Colonial has developed a property-wide program that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfection to ensure our guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay. Additionally, we have integrated elements into our practices from the American Hotel Motel Association Stay Safe, California Lodging Association CLEAN + SAFE, National Restaurant Association and San Diego County Health Department protocols. We have built upon our already high standards of cleanliness augmenting with hospital-grade cleaning products. Our protocols include:
- Enhanced disinfection of the top high-touch areas in guest rooms including light switches, TV remotes and door handles.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting frequency of public areas.
- Implementation of new-tech electrostatic sprayers for sanitizing high-touch surfaces.
- Guest-accessible touch-free hand sanitizing stations at entrances and high traffic areas.
- Enhanced cleaning for our pool and guest-use bicycles.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations provided by our County Health Department. Click here to learn more about the measures we have taken in our NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar.
Changes to the Guest Experience:
When staying at the Grande Colonial, you will notice some changes to your experience. We ask for your help in a few areas:
- Please reschedule your travel plans if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, such as cough, fever, or difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- All guests must wear a face covering in all public areas of the hotel. The only exception is when you are in your guest room or seated at a dining table.
- Throughout the property you will notice signage advising you of physical distancing, hand sanitizing and hand washing. These are to ensure the safety of all.
- While checking into the hotel, please note the spacing marks on the floor creating separation between unrelated parties.
- Due to the small size of the hotel front desk, we will be servicing guests one at a time.
- While using the elevator, please limit occupancy to single family units. Stairs are also provided.
- We have reduced or eliminated in-room paper amenities (like pads of paper, magazines and guest directories).
- As we have removed several of the more typical hotel room amenities to reduce physical contacts, these amenities are all still available for you upon request. An online version of our in-room guest compendium can be viewed here.
Employee Health & Safety:
- All employees have gone through extensive training on COVID-19, transmission risks, and behavioral changes to protect themselves and our guests, as well as other guidelines outlined by local and state health officials.
- All employees are temperature checked upon arrival at work each day and answer screening questions helping to ensure your safety.
- All employees will be required to use company-issued personal protective equipment including face masks, gloves, eyewear and/or face shield.
- Cancellation Policy (for travel dates prior to and including June 30th, 2020): Reservations for arrival dates prior to and including June 30th (including those described as Advance-Purchase promotions), can be changed or cancelled without penalties up to 24 hours prior to arrival. Cancellations within the 24-hour period will result in a charge equal to one night’s room and tax.
- Cancellation Policy (for travel dates on or after July 1st, 2020): With the exception of non-refundable rates (i.e. Advance-Purchase promotions), reservations can be cancelled or changed without penalties up to 48 hours prior to arrival. Cancellations or modifications resulting in a reduction of the number of nights within the 48-hour period will result in a charge equal to one night’s room and tax.
Guests who booked their reservations via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information about their cancellation and refund policies.
We appreciate very much your support and patronage of the Grande Colonial and we look forward to making your travel experience as safe and as memorable as possible. Should you have any questions about our safety protocols, please contact us (844) 589-4151.